Wat Langka is one of oldest pagodas in Phnom Penh funded in 1442. It was established as a sanctuary for the Holy Writings and a meeting place for Cambodian and Sri Lankan monks. The Pagoda was named in honor of these meetings. Langka Pagoda was used as a storehouse during the Khmer Rouge era and therefore manage to avoid total destruction.
The temple still plays an important role in Cambodian Buddhism and many of the monks here are highly regarded teaches.
Wat Langkar is located on Preah Sihanouk Blvd, just southwest of the Independence Monument.